Bruton Parish Church is located in the restored area of Colonial Williamsburg in Williamsburg, Virginia, United States. It was established in 1674 by the consolidation of two previous parishes in the Virginia Colony, and remains an active Episcopal parish. The building, constructed 1711-15, was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1970 as a well-preserved early example of colonial religious architecture.[4]

 

side-ent-1-lr

South Transept Entrance

 

side-1-lr

South Facade from Duke of Gloucester Street

 

rear-1-lr

East Facade

 

north-side-1-lr

Steeple from the North Courtyard

 

alter-1-lr

Altar

 

int-6-lr

Entry Door seen from Narthex

 

int-5-lr

View of Aisle from Gallery

 

int-4-lr

North Gallery

 

int-3-lr

View of Crossing from North Gallery

 

int-2-lr

Interior view of South Transept

 

int-1-lr

Royal Governor’s Box and Chair in North Transept

 

full-front-1-lr

Front viewed from Duke of Gloucester Street

 

 

Comments are closed.

Bruton Parish Church

Williamsburg, VA

1674