Calvary Episcopal Church and Churchyard is a historic Episcopal church located at 411 E. Church Street in Tarboro, Edgecombe County, North Carolina. The church was built between 1860 and 1867, and is a one-story, rectangular Gothic Revival style building. Attached to the church is a Parish House built in 1922, and designed by noted architect Hobart Upjohn. Located adjacent to the church is an arboretum dating to 1842, that includes number of gravestones. Notable burials include Gen. William Dorsey Pender(1834-1863) and author William L. Saunders (1835-1891).

04calvary-santuary

Front Facade

04calvary-aisle

View from Asile

05calvary-alter1

Altar

06calvary-santuary-rear

Rear of Sanctuary

03calgary-rear

Rear Facade

05calvary-alter

South Transecpt

 

07calvary-chapel-ext

Chapel Entrance

08calvary-chapel

Chapel Sanctuary

Comments are closed.

Calvary Church

Tarboro, North Carlolina

1860