The Anglican Chapel of Ease was constructed in 1740 by planters on Saint Helena Island as a chapel of ease for parishioners who had difficulty traveling to worship at the main parish church in Beaufort, South Carolina.The ruins were added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.

ext-1-lr

Exterior Side

ext-2-lr

Full Exterior

featured

View through Side Entrance

Comments are closed.

Chapel of Ease

Helena, South Carolina

1740