A cornerstone for the White Post church building was laid in 1872 and it was built using bricks removed from a house which burned on the church site some years before.   The Church was consecrated (set aside for sacred use) on July 13, 1875, and the congregation’s mission and ministry continued for over ninety years.  Decline had set in and in 1967 the Church was closed due to lack of members.   Only occasional services were held after that time.

imag0312

Side View of Narthex

side-door

Side Entrance

imag0310

Front View of Church

 

Comments are closed.

Meade Memorial Church

White Post, Virginia

1875