Old Wye Church Wye Mills, Talbot County, Maryland is a one-story, gable-roofed, rectangular brick structure originally constructed in 1717–21. It was extensively renovated in 1854 and restored to its 18th-century appearance in 1947–49. It embodies the distinctive characteristics of Georgian Anglican architecture in its brick construction, semicircular-arched window openings, shouldered buttresses, rectangular plan, and simple massing.[2]

It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.

front1-lr

Front Facade

side-lr

Windows on Side Facade

east-side-lr

East Facade

palladian-lr

Palladian Window on South Facade

sanctuary-lr

View toward Altar from Pew Box

alter-lr

Altar

sanctuary-from-gallery-lr

View of Sanctuary from the Gallery

View from the north field on a December morning

Comments are closed.

Old Wye Church

Wye Mills, Maryland

1721